The application for the 2014-2015 FEA scholarships opened on November 18, 2013. If you are planning to study abroad in summer 2014, fall 2014 or spring 2015, please click the “Apply” tab above to start an application. The deadline for all application is 11:59pm EST on January 17, 2014.
FEA is proud to have awarded sixteen scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year. For further information visit the “FEA Scholars” tab on the top menu bar. Read more about our scholars adventures abroad at the FEA blog.
2014-2015 Academic Year Scholarships
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements & Preferences
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S.
- Must be applying for a study abroad program eligible for credit at the student’s educational institution
- Must plan to study abroad for a minimum of 4 weeks in country
- Is committed to supporting education abroad in his/her campus community through work with the FEA and his/her campus education abroad staff upon return
- Applying to a study abroad program known for its academic rigor and immersion elements
- Applying to a study abroad program that includes studying the language of the host country (if not English)
- Applying to a study abroad program with a sustainable service-learning or volunteering component
- Applying to a study abroad program in a non-traditional destination
- Demonstrates financial need
- FEA strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad