The application for 2015-2016 FEA scholarships closed on January 16, 2015.
We will not accept any late applications.
If you received an email on January 26, 2015 indicating that your application status has changed, your application has been withdrawn from consideration. This is due to some portion of your application (Application Form, Financial Aid Form, and/or Recommendation Letter) remaining incomplete after the deadline.
If you have a specific question about your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you promptly.
The 2015-2016 scholarship recipients will be announced mid-March.
2015-2016 Academic Year Scholarships
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements & Preferences
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S.
- Must be applying for a study abroad program eligible for credit at the student’s educational institution
- Must plan to study abroad for a minimum of 4 weeks in country
- Is committed to supporting education abroad in his/her campus community through work with the FEA and his/her campus education abroad staff upon return
- Applying to a study abroad program known for its academic rigor and immersion elements
- Applying to a study abroad program that includes studying the language of the host country (if not English)
- Applying to a study abroad program with a sustainable service-learning or volunteering component
- Applying to a study abroad program in a non-traditional destination
- Demonstrates financial need
- FEA strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad