All 2015-2016 scholarship recipients have been announced!
Congratulations to our 36 new Scholars. You can read about them here.
Thank you to all students that applied – we received applications from almost two thousand students. The FEA Scholarship Review Committee had the daunting task of selecting scholarship finalists from a pool of highly qualified candidates. If you were not selected, and should you seek to study abroad during the Summer 2016 and beyond, and otherwise meet all of FEA’s requirements, we encourage you to reapply for the next cycle. The application opens mid-November 2015.
Congratulations to all of our recipients, and thank you to all volunteers!
2015-2016 Academic Year Scholarships
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements & Preferences
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S.
- Must be applying for a study abroad program eligible for credit at the student’s educational institution
- Must plan to study abroad for a minimum of 4 weeks in country
- Is committed to supporting education abroad in his/her campus community through work with the FEA and his/her campus education abroad staff upon return
- Applying to a study abroad program known for its academic rigor and immersion elements
- Applying to a study abroad program that includes studying the language of the host country (if not English)
- Applying to a study abroad program with a sustainable service-learning or volunteering component
- Applying to a study abroad program in a non-traditional destination
- Demonstrates financial need
- FEA strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad